Saturday, July 21, 2018

Why I Philosophise

You know how once you leave home
what you miss
is 
what you cherish. 

Maybe that is how it is for them;
The freedoms once lost
missed greatly, 
But only by those that lost them. 

I will never know how it feels to spend years calling gulag home.
I will never know what to write to my mother from an Indian prison in 1976. 
I will never know the smell that comes with marching troops, falling houses and empty classrooms. 

And so I will philosophise and theorise 
I will attempt to unravel that which makes wolves out of men
I will write about morality and law and constitutions

Hoping,
To prevent little kids from the losses of my ancestors.
Using,
The reasons of the fortunate to cure the maladies of the oppressed. 
Knowing,

The futility of my pursuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment